Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Banias: Under the hidden waterfalls


***Check out cute puppy dog Galila here :D***

Hi XD
After the Galilee, we headed for the Golan heights in the North of Israel. The area is rather green in comparison to the desert area I am living in.

Break from Driving: Earrings from Pik'In, Necklace from Zafed, Shirt Noname, Scarf from mam, sunglasses stolen from my sister.

This is the Jordan River, supplying the South with water. And the proof that there was -one- day during my stay here that I wore jeans!! (The night before it was cold in the mountains, so I had to).

Next stop was a beautiful nature reserve: I had no idea that there is so much water available in Israel! The Banias are a wonderful spot to wander along for a few hours and the place reminded me of Germany a lot!

*-* Amazing!! Swimming was forbidden due to strong currents.

Last point of the hiking trail was a wonderful waterfall ^-^. We carried Galila all the way with us in a bagpack (dogs were not allowed to enter, but we got a special permission).

The landscape looks like this in the Golan heights. I was impressed by all the green after I got used to live in a city where the only trees are palm trees! The next stop will bring us to an ancient fortress - stay tuned for more! Love,


The green earrings I mentioned in the last post - bought in the Druze village Pik'In. They reminded me of grapes ("Very arabic!", commented HL amused).

This wall in their living room (see last post) was decorated over and over with tons of earrings (Yay, heaven^^).

No comments:

Post a Comment