Sunday, September 27, 2009

My sister's keeper

Movie poster of My sister's keeper.

I went with my friend KV to the cinema to see My sister's keeper (2009). The story (based on the bestseller novel by Jodi Picoult) evolves around a young girl -Anna- (Abigail Breslin from Little Miss Sunshine) who was born to save the life of her ill sister Kate (Sofia Vasilieva) with regularly bone marrow donations. Kate suffers from leukaemia. When Anna is eleven years old, her family (Cameron Diaz as mother) exspects her to donate one of her kidneys to her sister. Desperately Anna seeks the help of a lawyer to defend herself from the demands from her family. The movie is of course very tragic and sad, but still with a quiet sense of humour. K. and I decided that it is worth suffering along with the painful experiences of the whole family throughout the film. An unusual movie, which stands out with its serious topic and often poetical pictures.
Lilly

PS.: Make sure to take somebody with you and have a box with tissues at hand.
PPS.: Jodi Picoults book ends differently than the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment