Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Oriental Magic in Akko

Hi =). So happy that I managed to get away from work to blog!!^^. Ready for some impressions from the city Akko? The Crusaders built an impressive fort here when they arrived in the Holy Land and the Old City is strongly influenced by the Muslim cultur. Which means more small streets and lots of small shops for food and jewellery! This mosque is located in the middle of the Old City of Akko (love the turquoise colour of the dome!!):

(This is a pavilion in their courtyard).

Amazing! =)).

Just found Aladdins wonder lamp! Can I buy a dschin to fulfill my (shopping) wishes??!!

Cinnamon on the market. Smells niiice^^.

Roses grow here as easy as dandelions would in Germany!

Hey!! Finally there is the white horse from every girl's dream... and where is the Prince??!! (Not wearing Flip Flops, is he? Heeelp.)

We found a kolibri here (a small bird that lives on the nectar of blossoms). It is the first time that I saw this flower!! It is the blossom of the passion fruit! =)

Dry rose buds from the spice merchant. What are they for?

Hey, I really want to blog more. It's just that I am majorly busy at least until the end of the next week! I am excited that the World Cup started and I am looking forward to watch some of the games, yeahh!! Greetings to all of you from Israel!
Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment