Thursday, June 3, 2010

Where the Flower Birds live

I am so happy to blog again today! We have new oven in the apartment and ever since the electricity breaks down twice per evening and the internet only comes back after like an hour...(don't ask...). So finally we continue the trip^^!
We left Jerusalem on the 3rd day and headed for a small village in the hills around the city: En Kerem! It is so beautiful that I would love to live there =). It reminded me of a Italian mountain village... small nice houses, lots of flowers, cloisters, cafés and a great view into the valley! We strolled the streets and stopped to pause in a wonderful cloister garden!

This beautiful dress is borrowed from my friend H. She bought it in Jerusalem another time. Scarf from Mam, bag from the Old City, shoes H&M, ring by Six, earrings from Jerusalem, sunglasses stolen from my sister. I love this blue door!! =)

Delicate flowers in En Kerem. We saw (for the first time in my life!) a wild kolibri here, a bird living from the sweet liquid of blossoms!!♥♥

Close-Up on my new embroidered bag from the Arabian market in Jerusalem. Very practical!

Christian monks live and pray here (my shoulders are properly covered^^).

It is a really amazingly beautiful place! (with Mediterranean flair).

♥I adore petals....easy to guess :P

Another souvenir: A bracelet from Jaffo Street (best shopping tipp!!). It reminded me of the ocean... when you are under water and look up against the sky and see how the light breaks through the surface =)).

One of the myriad salad variations here!

I hope you enjoy the impressions from my Road Trip and I promise that I'll update more often. You know how it is - sometimes life just takes over. The next three weeks will be extra busy for me (getting up early, going home late), so for now I plan to get some sleep^^. Sweet dreams for you! =)♥ Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment