Sunday, May 17, 2009

New hobby

My little treasures: description below :)

Hello! I have to apologize for last weeks absence, I have been sick and heavily over-worked. For the weekend, I have been to the coast of the Baltic Sea with my friends! (Pictures as soon as I get my hands on them!). As we walked along the beach today, we met some hobby geologists and luckily they shared their knowledge with us^^. So the outcome was my own little collection of beach pebbles and I am very proud that I can tell all the names: Here we go, the first line in the picture above is (left to right): black flint, yellow flint, two granites; the second line is: sandstone, limestone, gneiss and feldspar. The third row is: quartzite and porphyry! They arrived at the shore at about 10'000 years ago with a glacier during the last glacial period. Now I am excited to learn more about their origin and chemical consistency. Next week I'll paint them with a clear coat. I even got a sunburn, so I'll have to take a little rest now and remember all the funny moments during our weekend^^! Love,
Lilly :)

A little velvet pouch to store my new treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment