Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Artist: Sascalia

Girl with lantern by the sea.

Recently I discovered this artwork, painted by Sascalia. Her pictures (referd to as "mixed media collage art") are warm, colourful and they leave a comforting notion in my heart. Her themes are mostly women or young girls, of late additionally couples and families. She works with pastel hues. I like that the paintings evolve a dreamy, fairy-tale-like atmosphere. They seem optimicstic and happy. The eyes are expressive. If you like what you see, visit Sascalia here. What do you think of her art? I enjoyed my evening with almond horns and strawberry-rhubarb-cream-tea, in company of my friend HJ. Why cannot all days be as relaxed as this one?
Love, Lilly :)
PS.: Sascalia has her own blog.

Young mother with her sleeping child.Fairy with balloons.Girl with a little wren under a tree.Fairy dancing in a flowerfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment