Friday, May 21, 2010

Have you ever been to an Ethiopian Restaurant?

Lilly and M.

I am not so familiar with African food, therefore it was a major experience to go to an Ethiopian restaurant here! The interior decoration was really typical and (okay, non so typical) I saw African music videos on their TV for the first time! Wow, I like :D.

It was supposed to look like daisies, but it came out more like fried eggs, sorry friends!! (H. was quick enough to nearly avoid the obligatory 'daisy', lol).

There were only two main choices: meat or non-meat. We ordered both and I tried each meal. Okay, these are the facts: You do not get forks or spoons or knives. Which means? Yeah, you have to wash them throughly and then you eat just with your hands!!! O.O

The vegetables (or the meat) are served along with little salads on the Ethiopian version of bread and you take some of it and then you try to move both to your mouth without accidents...

Of course we had a lot of those 'accidents' and at the end I felt like a three-year old toddler, my face and my clothes stained with the yummy food! Haha, we are going back there in about a week. =))) Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment