Friday, November 6, 2009

Concerned


I am reluctant to bring that up in my blog, but I am very concerned. A girl I know (we usually share some lectures) got infected with swine flu and I am diffuse afraid of the next months. All of this could turn out to be okay, ...but the question upsetting me is what if not? I am aware that many people survived their infection and often it proceeds with light symptoms. Nevertheless it lies in the nature of viruses that their genome mutates quickly and adapts to their target. When should I get a vaccination and will there be enough of it? Will it help to protect the everyday life we are used to? The Spanish flu, occuring in the early 19th century costed many people around the world their life and has been rather harmless in the beginning, too. Today I tried to write a new outfit post, but I could not focus on it and it hurt to talk as if nothing were happening. Life is just so fragile and precious. I am sorry to bother you today with these thoughts, I deeply hope that all of my concerns will diminish soon and the whole issue gets better somehow without further victims. Are you vaccinated yet or considering it?

Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment