Saturday, December 5, 2009

The science photography award ceremony


Delicious appetisers at the ceremony celebration.


Prawns, salmon baguette and dessert with lemon and strawberries.


Martin Oeggerli's photos in the official exhibition.


Hot chocolate with cream together with Jojo.

I took part in the award ceremony of the German science photography prize 2009 today ("Deutscher Preis für Wissenschaftsphotographie")! Five happy winners from three different countries were awarded. I personally met Martin Oeggerli (he shoot the radiant daisy photos from my last post), who wore a sweatshirt with the adress of his blog on the back!! (I need one with my own, too!!). Check out his blog Micronaut for his now globally popular macro photographs, which were taken under a SEM (scanning electron microscope). He offers postcards, books, artprints and calendars with his motives! After the ceremony all participants were invited to a little celebration, where I shoot those yummy food pictures for you! I did not take pictures at the ceremony, because back then I was not intending to post it at all, but upon the buffet I changed my mind (women logic^^). I met Jojo and we had hot chocolate after the event at a cozy little café, when the rain outside poured heavily against the window.
Today was also the premiere of the Sonia Rykiel lingerie collection at H&M, but I could not spot any specific queues, because the city was immensely crowded with Christmas shoppers. Hopefully you spent a wonderful Saturday, too!
Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment