Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Take a tour around my new Town!

Let's take a tour around my new home town today! This is how the streets and the "trees" look like! The houses doesn't seem as individual as in Europe, but I guess they are mostly meant to keep out the heat in the first place. Crossing the streets is a nerve-attacking task: Israeli people only seem to stop for small children! As a foreign adult, you just close your eyes and hope that they will stop when you cross the street!!! It took me some time to get used to that....

View from my window!
Additionally, it seems like every second car in this city is a taxi! So don't stand clueless on the pavement...it happened several times to me that suddenly taxis would stop next to me to pick me up. Haha, and don't raise your hand to fix your hair or sunglasses also, because they even stop for that!! Apparently the competition between the drivers is hard and they fight for every customer.


People tell me that palm trees is one of the few shade-providing plants they are able to grow in this climate! I love to see them every day and I don't get tired of them!!! :D

The sea....awww. It is warm enough to stay in there for at least 25- 35 min. without getting too cold in a bathsuit! More about the interesting underwater life soon!


And the mountains! It is possible to go hiking there (a little too hot for me!). They make still a beautiful scenery and who knows - maybe I will go hiking one day eventually^^. Funny are the different perceptions of temperature. For Israelis, everything below 20 °C is "coooold!" and only temperatures above 35 °C are hot! So they laugh at me when I say it's hot. (In my perception, everything above 20 °C is seriously warm and 35 °C is my limit for temperature). I have to improve my ability to deal with that in order to survive the summer here (45 - 50 °C)!
I am sending you sunrays!!! Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment