Saturday, February 27, 2010

Call me Thrifting Queen :)

Okay, you may think, what is she up to now? Thee-hee, got some ground-braking new thrifted items for my wardrobe, you won't believe it!


This beauty is from French Connection. I found her in a charity shop for less than 10 bucks. In truth, I checked the current F.C. collection and found out that the average blouse originally costs more than twelve times of what I paid. How did this happen? Mere luck? I am not sure, but it seems that the elderly ladies working in the shop appearently never heard of French Connection. An incident that I will come back to later on.


This lightblue jacket was on my wish list for at least two months - but way over my budget for non-necessary, non-basic pieces in extraordinary colours (admittedly they are often the most appealing, aren't they?). Know what? I just stumbled into the shop (Tally Weijl, actually) to find it reduced about 80% of the original price. Yay, spring, I am coming!


Seems like I finally developed the ability to have the right touch when it comes to vintage bargains. Above you see at leather pencil skirt. Ahem...a real leather pencil skirt. Not one of those fake imitations from H&M or Pimkie. It fitted perfectly! But silly as I am, I left the shop (the same where I bought that French Connection blouse) without it in the first place, pondering about whether I should start to wear leather or not (until that point I did not have a single piece of leather or fake leather in my cupboard). My friend HJ set my mind - and the next day I got back to this skirt. Frankly, I have no idea what leather skirts like that normally cost - I got this one also for less than 10 bucks (!) and this strengthens my perception that whoever sets the prices in this charity shop, is appearently not adept when it comes to high brands or luxurious pieces.

What is the conclusion of this, fashionistas? Get yourself up in front of that laptop and give your local second hand/charity shops another try, instead of glancing devoted up to the seemingly unreachable designer pieces on catwalks. You have every chance to hunt down fabulous clothes out there, which keep your wallet from moaning! Happy thrifting, girls! Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment