Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I am deceiving winter!

Shopping Outfit. Blazer and hat from Vintage market, shirt from Only,
jeans from Mister&Lady Jeans, boots by Marco Polo. Love this outfit!!

Just suffered my second shock today. First one was looking out of the window this morning: everything is covered in snow again (despite the fact that snow finally disappeared completely yesterday - grwwnn). Second: Blogger wouldn't let me post, just found out that there is something amiss with the new editor. Hopefully this is resolved soon.

My cell phone broke (without any mistreatment!!), therefore I went into the city. Sadly, it can't be repaired. At H&M I tryed on this:
Okay, this is merely basic and all. But you know what? I totally deceived winter! Do I care that there a minus degrees outside? Nope! Can't you already feel a little sunshine?
So these two pieces had to go home with me^^. Promised, this is not a delayed effect from winter blues. Check on my vintage finds (last post) and you'll discover more summer stuff there. I will be needing it very soon - ssht! The secret will be revealed soon^^.

I hit upon a jewellery sale in one of our major department stores and this is what I found additionally:

Mint is one of my prefered colours lately (slight association to spring daffodils, anyone?). I was magically drawn to this necklace, because it reminded me of a story from Greek mythology.

Persephone, daughter of Zeus and Demeter, gets abducted by Hades, God of the Underworld, to live with him as his wife. Her mother comes to retrieve her, but it is said that you can only leave hell, if you refrained from their food. Unluckily, Persephone ate four pits from a pomegranate ("Granatapfel") - they are deep red and shaped like the ones in the necklace. Due to this incident, she had to stay in the underworld with Hades. The legend has it, that she was allowed to leave hell for several months every year to live with her mother Demeter. Those are the months, when everything is green and blossoms outside. Beautiful, isn't it?

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment